Validate Phone Number
This tool checks if a phone number is valid and converts it to E.164 international format
Mobile number validation
How to Use the Phone Number Validation Tool
The tool allows you to verify if a phone number is a valid and determine if it is a mobile phone (landline phones are presented as invalid by this tool). Here's how to use our phone validity checker:
- Step 1: Enter the phone number you wish to validate or copy/paste it in the box above. Any phone format is allowed: national (eg. 234-567-8901 or (234) 567-8901 etc.) or international E.164 (eg. +1-234-567-8901).
- Step 2: From the dropdown list select the country where you want to validate the phone number.
- Step 3: Click the "Validate" button to validate the phone number. You'll be able to see the price estimate for sending an SMS and also send a text message to the phone number if it's valid. However, you'll need a SMS Connexion account to do so.
Why use phone number validation?
Did you know that 91 % of businesses suffer from data inaccuracies, and 77 % believe that incorrect contact information has a negative impact on their bottom line?
Verifying a phone number can help you prevent unneeded money and effort. It saves time by detecting invalid phone numbers early on. Instead of discovering invalid phone numbers in your database during sales, customer service, branding, or marketing activities, now is the greatest moment to do so. As phone numbers are collected and identified, they should be removed from your database.
The advantages of using phone validation are:
- saves you money by sending SMS only to real numbers
- gives better conversion rates on your SMS campaigns
- prevent fraudulent entries in your phone database
How does phone number validation work?
The phone validator not only validates the number's format, but also whether or not it is available to receive calls or messages (landline fixed phone or mobile phone). Also, you won't have to worry about the owner of the mobile device receiving any SMS or notification because your phone verification efforts will be hidden from them.
What's the difference between a Phone Lookup and a Phone Validation?
The practice of obtaining personal information, such as a person's name, from a phone number or finding if a phone number is ported to another network is known as phone number look-up. Phone validation, on the other hand, will tell you whether the phone number associated with that record is real or not. The kind of number (landline or mobile), the carrier, and the country location will all be revealed during phone number validation.
SMS Connexion provides a strong yet simple REST API for international and national phone number validation, with global coverage in over 200+ countries. It aids in the maintenance of a clean user base by checking phone numbers at the point of input into your system, eliminating the need to correct them afterwards. Advanced validation mechanisms are used in this API, including the use of the most recent international numbering plans, carrier, line type recognition, and country location.
See other tools:
- SMS length calculator - enter a text message and calculate the number of message parts, characters, detect and show Unicode characters, estimate cost of sending an SMS
- Bulk phone number list validator - process a list of contact and validate, clean (remove invalid, duplicates), convert to E.164 format and estimate cost of sending an SMS
- Unicode to GSM converter - check text and replace non-GSM (Unicode) characters. Option to convert all Unicode characters detected or only specific languages: cyrillic, arabic, spanish, portuguese, etc.
This online tool does not store any information about you and it does not store any of the text that is written, pasted or submitted into the box above.